Monday 1 August 2011

Week 1: Complete.

I'm 116.5 today. That's 2 lbs less than my starting weight. When have I ever lost 2 pounds in one week? Oh right, never. This is kind of awesome. I feel like I never have to give in and eat again. :)

My sister and I were talking a lot last night. We stayed up till probably 2 in the morning. We were talking about boys and our cute condo and school and our new lives... and getting married.

Maybe it's just my demographic... but it seems like the girls most guys like are "one of the guys". You know... they play contact sports and they don't dye their hair (or DO their hair, for that matter). They can outeat their guy friends and love holding other people's kids and they think flip flops and a peasant skirt is dressing up....


... I can't think of anything I dislike more.

What happened to women who like to be WOMEN? Women who take pride in beautifying and perfecting their homes, the things around them, and themselves? What happened to baking a birthday cake from scratch? Or wearing a dress to the grocery store? Red lipstick? Dare I say it, HEELS??

Where the hell did the dumbing down of femininity come from? Who is responsible?? Why is that even the slightest bit appealing?

I cannot be that girl. The girl who rolls out of bed and goes out in pajamas. The girl who burps in public. The girl who eats "normal" food. The healthy girl. That would be lying to myself. I'm not that girl. I'm not healthy. I don't want to be.

I want to be that girl that seems so effortless. The girl that doesn't try to be beautiful, she just is. The girl who's clothes drape off her like a hanger. The girl that has it all together... effortlessly.

Love

Ace

2 comments:

  1. I CANNOT agree with you more. I don't want to look like a lazy bum. I want to look effortless and gorgeous.
    And congrats on the 2 lbs!(:
    xxo

    ReplyDelete