Monday 25 July 2011

Oh Mondays.

The weather was so depressing here today. Overcast, but not chilly. Just warm enough to feel like the damn global warming apocalypse is upon us. And deter you from your best efforts of being productive.

I was going to have yogurt for breakfast... but we only have kinds I don't like.... like plain. And lemon. So I had rice krispies and soymilk. I ended up throwing most of it out though. Then lunch rolled around and I had a bowl of green salad with balsamic vinegar and some ham.

Only effective thing I've done today was run errands with my sister. We got approved for the condo today! So looks like we DO have a safe place to live in the fall. Yay for not being homeless!

I got home and had some veggie straws and then deli chicken and sauerkraut. My mom made sweet and sour meatballs and brown rice... and then there's leftover cornbread from our BBQ last night. It was tough to resist... but I thought about the scale I'll have to face tomorrow and tada! It didn't seem so delicious.

Tell me this my beautiful readers... I had this boyfriend for a LONG time. He moved away for 2 years and then he came back... we wrote letters all the while. When he got back we started dating again... but I knew something was wrong and I shouldn't stay with him. So I broke it off. He has since tried to get back together with me but I told him I didn't think it was a good idea. I felt confident with my decision and a lot of relief.

NOW he is dating another girl... which is fine. But when I see pictures of the two of them on facebook or hear about them from other people my stomach just turns. I should not be upset because I don't want to be with him anymore or tie into the lifestyle he leads.... but I AM!! UGH. Jealousy is rearing her ugly head and I do not like it.

Is this a NORMAL response? I don't know what to do about it. I am used to just getting what I want. :\ I HARDLY get jealous. Maybe I'll feel better when I reach my 5 lb weight loss goal. Or when I get the hell out of this town.

Love

Ace

2 comments:

  1. i think its perfectly normal - especially if you were together for a long time - it's hard to erase something like that. he would have had a massive impact on your life - maybe you're remembering the good times, and what brought you together in the first place?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. S. :)

    We met when we were kids. He was 14 and I was 12. I was totally in love with him. He was blond, tall, quietly confident. We lived in different small towns 10 minutes apart. But that may as well be to China and back to a 12 year old.

    We lost touch when I moved to the city and reconnected after I graduated. I was 17. We had a whirlwind 3 month fling, and then he was gone. After that we wrote letters and he called me on Christmases and Mother's Day.

    Two years later he was back, but it was never the same. I tried for months because I was sure it MUST be what I wanted. It seemed so perfect. He was my grade school crush, my summer fling, and the one I had waited for. But he just never grew up. It broke my heart because I put so much faith in him. 2 years is a long time for a girl.

    Blaghh. Sorry I tried to abridge it as best I could. I'm sure you don't want my whole life's story as a response :P

    ReplyDelete