Thursday 16 June 2011

Oh. My. GOSH.

Today I'm 116.5. Hurrah :) Chipping away slowly... but I'm just glad it's budging.

So wow. I feel like for the most part I'm very health conscious and I know what I'm eating. I know the calorie content of most things and when I go out to eat I ALWAYS do my homework beforehand.

But today... I was at work and my sister brought me a Hot Dog from Costco. Granted... I would have preferred a salad or a wrap but I'm starving and it's that or ice cream.

As I took the tin foil wrapped dog, my mind started racing. Ok... it's 100% beef: check. There's no sugary relish: check. Hot peppers for spiking my metabolism: check. I will only have a little of the bun: check.

I tried to guesstimate the caloric value.... and thought... well Harvey's hot dogs are only about 250 cals so at the very worst I'm looking at around 350. So I went on my merry way and ate the dog and ditched more than 3/4 of the bun.

Came home and googled it.... 560 CALORIES for the dog and the bun (and condiments: ketchup, mustard, relish, and onions.) I was floored.... and slightly panicked. I rewound everything else I had eaten... and I just had oatmeal and soymilk for breakfast. Plus I didn't have the bun. So for my little joy ride into Calorieland I'm estimating a 500 calorie expenditure.... putting me at 690 cals for the whole day so far.

I'll probably have some fruit so I don't get too hungry tonight.... I still have 110 cals of slack.

So... now I know. Costco food is a big fat no no. Just goes to show you can't trust anyone. And there goes my $1.50 supper fall back for when I move away. Crap.

Ace

No comments:

Post a Comment