Friday 10 June 2011

3 days....

...1.5 lbs. Seems alright to me.

Weighed in at 117.5 today.

I've been at the ice cream store for 4 days in a row now. I think working there (with mostly fat people) works wonders for my self control. I'm SURROUNDED by candy and ice cream and chocolate for 8 hours at a time.

I have found a couple things that have helped a lot with temptation:

1. Take one look at the dunlop on your co-worker. See if you feel like ice cream THEN.

2. I kept a 20 oz cup filled with tap water and constantly sipped at it all day. Ended up refilling it probably 4 times. Today I'm just going to bring my 64 oz water bottle.

3. Grazed on around a cup of frozen raspberries and blueberries. It felt like a sugary snack... and I didn't feel so out of place (eg. not eating anything when everyone else IS.)

4. Having safe foods on hand just in case. It's a proven fact that you can endure pain for a longer amount of time if you know you can stop it if you want to. Just knowing I have a little something safe in my bag makes me feel less tempted.

5. I made a big ice cream with LOTS of butterfinger to take home... and gave it to my sister. She was having a bad day... talked to her ex-husband about getting documents to the lawyers and such. She can't stand him so one phone call is all it took to make her borderline crazy. Giving away my food makes me feel more in control.

6. I read the nutritional facts. Enough said.

Anyways. I go back for a 7hr shift with my boss's wife in about 20 minutes.... I'm not sure how that's going to go. Packing a water bottle and diet pepsi. I have 14 almonds in my bag and a 100 cal fiber 1 bar. I might throw in a 65 cal cheese package for good measure. Maybe I'll snack on a little more frozen fruit today as well.

It's probably important to keep grazing through the shift so I don't binge the second I get home. I just want a small hot supper and then maybe some diet yogurt. Has anyone ever tried freezing it?? I want to give that a go.

Tonight I want to watch My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding. I love wedding shows... they're my guilty pleasure. I have the house to myself until Saturday: just me my two sisters and the menagerie. Should be fun. Maybe I can lose another pound by the time the parentals get home.

                                                                         Ace

No comments:

Post a Comment